Sunday, March 22, 2009

Landscape-topia!

Well, we finally did it. We tackled the first part of our big post-Ike landscaping project! 1/2 of the yard is done! It was a beast. We've really just CREATED the bed, set the bricks in place, and mixed the old dirt with nice good dirt. It's all ready for planting, but I think we might wait to plant until the roof is done (don't really want a whole bunch of roofing materials thrown down on top of our sweet new plants!)

We've decided our yard used to be a wild forest, because you wouldn't believe all the root-systems we dug up in this tiny area. We're both sore, but we feel great at the same time.

Before:

During:

After:


Major thanks to my hubby who has worked so hard this weekend, right by my side, even when he'd had enough!


(Ok, I'd had enough too, but this afternoon, around 3pm, I decided I'd rather go to work tomorrow feeling like I'd actually accomplished something, not half-a-something, so I got back out there and started working again. My sweet man hopped up and joined me - ladies and gentlemen, how about a round of applause for the one, the only, MY HUSBAND!)

3 comments:

Adie Leigh said...

I am so happy for you guys! Your house looks amazing! I am so proud of your yard and the both of you. I miss you both so much. Hugs and Kisses!

bethaboo_aggie said...

Go BiG DoG! Way to help out! The yard already looks better, even without the plants. Good thinking on the waiting until after the roof. I don't know if I would have thought of that until hindsight was a factor. :)

Katie said...

The yard looks GREAT!!!! Happy Spring :)