Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Christmasy Crafts

Now that my classes are over for the semester, I get to enjoy some of the crafty things I enjoy about this time of year! Soon the baking will begin (tomorrow night, actually!!!) but so far I have just enjoyed a couple DIY projects.

This is my mason jar candle with burlap and ribbon wrap. (On a scale of 1 to 5, 1 being easy, 5 being difficult, this is probably a .5 :) SUPER easy but really cute!)


And glitter ornaments! The idea for these came from a website called "Pinterest" where you make virtual idea boards with pictures from the internet. It's a huge community of "Pinners" and you share your finds with others and build up categories of pictures like "Recipes" or "Home Decor" or "Style Ideas" or "Photo Inspiration" or "DIY Projects" - I have a lot of great ideas pinned, and have already tried a few out, including the Cheesy Quinoa Cakes I made for an appetizer recently when we had a couple over for dinner! Anyway, back to the ornaments:




Don't they look cute all wrapped up as a set of three? Found these cute cookie gift boxes that were the perfect size for my small glass balls... have to do something different for the large glass balls.


I also made a set with these cute little snowman charms attached. I think these might go to the neighbors/coworkers.

No comments: