I said I'd post these after they had been mailed out... alas, the party is this Saturday and I'm just now posting! (Don't worry, they were mailed weeks ago)
I had the honor of making Katie's Baby Shower invitations. Her nursery is themed with Baby Farm Animals, so I took a little twist on that and we're having a "Cowboy/Western/Farm" party! The invitations say "There's a New Lil' Cowboy Comin' To Town!" at the top.
The rest of Katie's shower surprises will have to wait until AFTER the party to be shared with the blog world... so here are some other tidbits of what I've been up to:
Another couple of friends of mine, Drew and Amanda, are having a baby too - and very close to the same time as Katie! They're having a little girl. I saw something like this on someone elses blog and had to recreate it... this is for baby Abby. I painted it and attached a starfish for the "star" part of "Twinkle twinkle little star"! Isn't it C-U-T-E?! I wish I could make the letters better, but overall I think it turned out pretty well.
While we're talking decor, I've done a little updating to our cottage this evening. (This will even be news to Big Dog, who is once again on the road this week!) I ordered prints from our wedding to arrange as a "storyboard"... what do you think? I'm still trying to find the perfect spot to hang it.
AND, I found these cute wall plaques today and had to get them for our guest room, which soon should have a little makeover of it's own! I think I'd really like to make this our "beachy" room and use gold and lavender and aqua colors. These pictures are just the beginning!
That's all I have for today, friends... can't wait to show you all the fun baby things from Saturday!
3 comments:
PS love you and love your idea for your guest room
I love the collage frame of wedding photos. I have one of those on the front of my jewelry box. The starfish is genius and I'm sure she's glad you stole the idea with some blog-thievery. Miss ya!
You've been busy!!! I love the storyboard you made and can't wait to see it in person. You already know I LOVE those invitations, but it won't hurt for me to tell you again...hehe. Can't wait to see you tomorrow.
Post a Comment