Can I hear a Hallelujah from the crowd? Sundae decided to celebrate my first commission earning month since the hurricane with a trip to the vet! (No really, there's a "hallelujah" worthy moment coming...) See, she chewed herself raw on her behind.
Hard to get a picture of it (I guess she's self-conscious?) but it was getting worse over the weekend. Brian took her in this afternoon and I freaked out when he texted me to let me know they were testing her for mange. As in, nasty, puppy-killing MANGE?! As in "the mites can reproduce rapidly, causing symptoms in sensitive dogs that range from mild irritation and hair loss on a small patch of skin to severe and widespread inflammation, secondary infection, and—in rare cases—a life-threatening condition" MANGE? As in "Affected dogs need to be isolated from other dogs and their bedding, and places they have occupied must be thoroughly cleaned. Other dogs in contact with a diagnosed case should be evaluated and treated" MANGE? As in "the mite is zoonotic, and, upon infesting a human, will generally live in the hair follicles of the eyelashes and eyebrows" MANGE? Oh God.
But the test came back negative. She does not have mange. Just sensitive skin and allergies and a sore spot (infection) from excessive itching and chewing. Some anti-itch spray and pills and she should be good as new in no time.
3 comments:
Man, puppies. lol Kody's hacking has gotten better since we moved from the humidity. still there but not as bad. I'm excited.
wow. I am glad that she is ok. my dog decided to eat some string and keeps pooing out long.....nevermind. love you!
OMG! You poor thing....I would've been freaking out just like you. I'm glad she's okay though :)
Post a Comment