Sunday, May 24, 2009

Reporting from the Front Yard...

The following is a live broadcast...
from the home of the lady who NEVER rests :)

Just thought I'd take some more pics of our pretty new front yard with our good camera (the battery was charging for the last pics!).

Hibiscus from Mom and Dad B

Esperanza

Rio
(Didn't save the tag with the real name, Rio was actually part of the color!)
from Mom and Dad P!

We're EXHAUSTED - we finished the landscaping yesterday, but this morning had to get up and move the rest of the dirt (which, unfortunately was quite a bit... we have things to do with it, just not right away) so we're tired all over again! It also rained on and off today, so all the freshly planted babies should be nice and refreshed and ready to spread their roots out!

The "FINAL" before and after:

BEFORE

AFTER

Like I said, I never rest... so today I decided to pick out the paint colors for the rest of the house!!! AAAHHHH!!!


The three colors in the middle are the ones I picked. The dark (small piece) is going in the bathroom - I LOVE LOVE LOVE it and can't wait to see how it turns out (Bon Voyage). The bigger one in the front (behind the small piece) is going on the unpainted 3 walls in our office (Cool Jazz), and the light blue behind that (Tropical Breeze) is going in our guest and master bedrooms! I actually have something special planned for the bedrooms, and I can't wait to get started!

3 comments:

Katie said...

WOW!! Y'all have been busy! It looks soooo good! I also love the paint colors and can't wait to see them in person!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful before and after shots !
We really like what you have done.
To solve the mystery - the nameless plant is a dipladenia,
rio hot pink.
Dad is looking for a picture of Gracie eating pineapple strudel !!

Happy day from Villa Chestnut

Kristin said...

Your landscaping looks fabulous! And I must say, I *love* the outside color of your cottage--so very beachy! Reminds me of the sherbert colored beach houses in Destin.