Sea Fan with little shells... I forgot what they're called but I remember learning about them when I went on my SCUBA/sailing trip in the BVIs when I was 14!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Jamaica - Under the Sea
We enjoyed snorkeling in Jamaica. That is, until the staff started throwing bread in the water RIGHT where I was swimming, causing the fish to swarm and consequently FREAKING me out! For anyone who might not know, I'm pretty much terrified of fish. I'm okay just snorkeling and stuff because generally the fish maintain a healthy distance. I start to panic if they get too close... and these fish got a little too close! All in all, though, it was a lot of fun. So look on and enjoy these pictures from the wet side of our vacation!
Can you spot the fish? I kept trying to point him out to Brian but he didn't see it until I showed him the picture on the camera!
Pretty blue fishies!

Sea Fan with little shells... I forgot what they're called but I remember learning about them when I went on my SCUBA/sailing trip in the BVIs when I was 14!
"Booby Key" - This is where one of the resorts brings it's visitors for some "Au Natural sunbathing"!!!
Closeup of a little Sargent Major! These were the fish swarming for the bread! FREAKY!
Okay, these guys were FUN to watch! They were fighting over something... females, territory, food... something! They just kept going at each other with their mouths agape like that - I was really excited that I got the timing right and caught it with the camera!
Proof that I was there! HA HA
Old cannon from a shipwreck! Pretty cool...
Sea Fan with little shells... I forgot what they're called but I remember learning about them when I went on my SCUBA/sailing trip in the BVIs when I was 14!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looks like a great trip!! I've really been enjoying the pictures this week :)
Post a Comment