Sunday, December 7, 2008

Dickens and Crafts and Kitchens OH MY!

What a BIG weekend! Big Dog's parents came down for his birthday/work weekend. We attended the annual Dickens on the Strand festival here in Galveston... my favorite part was touring the Elissa.


I decided to make some golf-ball crafts... my work buddies were nice enough to donate some "lost and found" golf balls from the course. There is still some painting to be done, but I went to town with the Sculpty clay!


And finally, we were able to hang the kitchen cabinets this weekend! (In addition to all of this, we fixed the fence, trimmed a tree away from the roofline, installed an outdoor storage cabinet, put a new weed-eater to use and mowed/caught up on some yard maintenance, etc... Big Dog's mom even sewed together the curtains you'll see in the following picture...

I'm most proud of our kitchen, which has gone through a major overhaul! As you can see, we're still missing ONE cabinet door... since the upper cabinets are all custom made by Big Dog and Dad Inc, we had to have custom doors made, and one that we ordered came back too small, so we'll have to wait a little longer to be absolutely complete, but heck, it's close and I LOVE IT!
BEFORE PICTURES:



AFTER PICTURES:

No comments: