The aquarium in Atlanta was PHENOMENAL! It was totally worth the extra driving (we stayed about an hour and a half north of Atlanta, and with the traffic we hit EVERY TIME it was actually longer.
I LOVED the beluga whales. They were fun to watch. Then, one of the males was, ahem, according to the docent "showing his dominance" and I won't get into the details of that... but let me tell you, the questions coming from the children around us were HILARIOUS!
This is my honey's awesome firefish imitation. I made him do it. For the blog. :)
Of course, the whale shark exhibit left me speechless. The photograph does not do it justice, but without a tripod, it's very hard to get good pictures through the tunnel/glass. Suffice to say, it's the largest aquarium tank in the WORLD and it holds FOUR WHALE SHARKS, giant rays, and tons of sharks and fish, etc.
After the aquarium, we managed to squeeze in a visit to the World of Coca-Cola. It was pretty neat too, a lot of advertising/design from various "periods" that I enjoyed seeing.

No comments:
Post a Comment