Friday, March 25, 2011

Rock City

We got to SEE ROCK CITY! It was St. Patrick's Day, and they dyed the falls green! Rock City was really neat, there are all kinds of passage ways and bridges built into a rocky mountaintop, just outside of Chattanooga, TN.

There are also some tunnels underground with a fairy-tale gnome theme. It
was kind of cooky, but we loved it! And, the doggies got to go. At one point, Sundae came aroun
d a corner and ferociously barked to protect us from one of the gnomes - it was soooo funny!

This is the gnome that startled Sundae:

From Lover's Leap, you can see 7 States!


MOST IMPORTANTLY, while we were at Rock City, we got a call from my brother, Bernie, that our little nephew, Roman, was born! I am so thrilled to meet him next weekend.

Funny note: when we were driving back to our cabin after our Rock City excursion, I called my Mom and Dad to check in. When I told Mom where we had been that day, she told me I had been there before! I was 4 or 5 and I just don't remember. Apparently she freaked in the tunnels/tight spaces and we had to leave early.

No comments: