#1) Waking up in the middle of the night thinking "why do my legs feel wet" and realizing it's because a dog peed IN YOUR BED. Having to strip the bed, wash the sheets, blanket, mattress pad cover, scrub the mattress with Resolve for Pet Stains and then Febreeze (just in case), and then "grape stomp" the comforter in the bathtub because it doesn't fit in the washing machine. Then you go back to bed but, lo, it must be playtime! "Go to SLEEP, SUNDAE, before I..." Who am I kidding - I could never do anything to these girls. They'll get away with murder.
Before everyone blames the new puppy, for the record I think it might have been Gracie. But I can't prove it, and if innocent until proven guilty holds true to our four legged family members... I'm out of luck. I was sleeping. All I know is it wasn't me, cuz I wear clothes to bed, and my clothes were dry. I guess I have to get pjs for the dogs so I can identify the culprit next time.
#2) Slightly perturbed, I go to work. I'm trying to coordinate tournaments for THREE DEBBIEs at once. Three different events, three different dates, three identical first names. You can imagine how many times my phone rings and I get to hear "Hi, Anja, this is Debbie" - and I think - which freaking Debbie!?!
I deal in contracts. "Party A agrees to do this for Party B, you have to pay us, you have to guarantee how many golfers/eaters you're going to have by this date, yadda yadda yadda." Well today, my three page contract got shot down. One of my Debbies wrote: "Since your contract has indemnifications, now you need to sign this before I can sign yours. Can you have it signed and returned to me asap?" Guess what was attached to that email? HER OWN THREE PAGE CONTRACT FOR SIGNING MY CONTRACT! I hang my head, walk to my boss' office, put it on his desk, moan "Sometimes I hate my life" and walk away. Since when do we have to sign a three page contract in order to get someone else to sign a three page contract? America, you have gone too far.
Basically, their event is less than a week away, is very small (aka, little in it for us) and it's just not worth it to turn this paperwork over to our attorney, and go back and forth about the legalese... so I told her let's forget the contracts. Hopefully they show up and hopefully they pay.
TGIF.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
and that is why i dont let odie sleep in my bed. he likes to pee on me
Post a Comment