Thursday, November 27, 2008

What we're Thankful for

It only seems fitting that we should compile a list of everything we're grateful for this holiday season. After all, it is turkey day! These items aren't in any particular order, just listed them as I thought of them.

  1. Puppies!! We're so lucky to have such wonderful puppies, even if they do cause more mischeif than most small children. It's pretty awesome to wake up at 3 am to a puppy laying on your pillow and eating your hair. Or, to have a dog whose tummy growls so loud it wakes you up.
  2. Our jobs. Let's face it, we almost lost everything during Ike including our primary means of welfare. It's a small miracle that we had such wonderful employers who were very understanding of the situation and let us keep our jobs. Sorry world, you'll have to wait a little longer for the desperate writings of a desperate man (my backup plan -- be homeless and write a book).
  3. Our home. What else can I say -- we're blessed, lucky, watched over, destined, whatever you want to call it. We had no water in our home from Ike. We had very little repairs needed. It's nice to be able to have somewhere called home. I wish more had been so lucky.
  4. Our ever-expanding family!! Beachski and I are going to have a nephew!!! And, through marriages, I've been truly blessed with a wonderful extended family.
  5. Xbox 360. What a great time waster; nothing beats sitting in my comfy chair, shooting zombies and chatting with my long-distance real life friends. Awesome.
  6. An understanding wife. She knows I have an addiction to gaming but she still loves me :) Sure, I get the rolled eyes, evil looks, and angry faces sometimes but we always end up laughing and snuggling by the end of the day. She tolerates my volatile travel schedule (something I'm not too thankful for...). She even makes surprises for my return! She's the best thing in my world!!
  7. Red Stripe and Reggae. Possibly one of the best beers in the world, although Beachski wouldn't know (she doesn't drink). What she does appreciate is the music. Reggae is awesome. It's relaxed, tropical, and makes you feel miles from home. Sure, we don't understand much through the accent but who cares? Once the Spring gets here, we're going to start up "Red Stripe and Reggae Night" to make life more interesting.
  8. Cake. Self explanatory.
  9. King sized beds. After spending the past couple weekends in beds ranging from double to queen sized and having to share them with 2 dogs, we realized how amazing king sized beds are. Too bad you can't take 'em traveling with you.
I hope everyone out there has something to be thankful for this year. We're wishing the best for all. Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments: