I'm the traveling man this week, out in Lubbock until the 14th. Got here today and already missing my Beachski! I'm sure she'll make an update later this week but we're the proud parents of a newly adopted puppy! That's right, Sundae (it's now official since she answers to it) is a member of our little family!
We picked her up from her foster parents at around 6pm on Friday. She was pretty frightened at first but her foster mom gave us Sundae's (formerly Pumpkin's) favorite blanket and bed. Once I wrapped her in that blanket and gave her some much deserved kisses, she calmed down a little. I even pulled my trump card -- that Beachski got to hold Gracie the whole way home when we adopted her -- so that I could cuddle the little bag of fur all the way back from Alvin.
She's adpated to life at the Ski household quite nicely, although she is still a little shy. She likes to follow people around but not interact with them -- as soon as you reach out to touch her, she pulls away and lays down in one of her "safety spots" which vary from my pillow, to the back of the couch, to the nook in the cottonwood tree outside. I assume this behavior is normal since she was completely feral when she was scooped off the streets. Still, she's made tremendous progress since we got her a few short days ago. She'll come when we call, she's eating her food, and doing her numbers outside (she pooped on our nice new bed and peed on our bathroom rug!). Oh, and she loves to snuggle my head at night! She curls up and nuzzles against my head which has been mighty nice in the last few nights -- it was 53 degrees the Friday night and we STILL DON'T HAVE A HEATER!!! A few more days/weeks of constant love, affection, and confidence building and Sundae will be a fairly normal doggie.
Keep your eyes peeled for some picture updates from Beachski (Hah! Now she HAS to put some up) later this week. Until then, fair winds and following seas!
Sunday, November 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment